What happens when I live just in the now?
- There is no more fear of the future and what it may or may not bring.
- Anxiety is banished.
- I’m just walking along with God, talking with Him now.
- I trust Him to take care of everything as He and I walk along this road together.
- He’s the one that knows the future. I haven’t got a clue about it.
- I know that when choices present themselves in my life, the decisions that I make will influence the direction of my life’s path, but I don’t worry about that. I just make the choice based on what’s right and wrong now. Then I don’t feel badly about the results because it was the best possible choice at the moment.
- I know that it’s an adventurous path that I’m on.
- When I’m relaxed (since there’s no more stress), the present moment is much more alive and interesting.
- Some future plans do have to be made in this world, such as: work related issues, vacations, other kinds of business, but it all becomes ‘God willing.’ God willing, there will be a vacation this year and if it does happen, it will be that much more relaxing since God allowed me to have it.
Walking with God, living in the moment with Him creates an adventurous, interesting, meaningful and stress free life. There’s no other way to go! People who don’t have that don’t know what they are missing! They think that it’s exciting to go out and get drunk and party etc. There is no excitement in that. What is there? Just heartache, troubled relationships, hangovers, and depression when parties and life don’t meet up with expectations.
The Scriptures say, “I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;” …. “Therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.” (Deuteronomy 30:15, 19) Those words are in really old language. If we look at it in the light of what it means to us today, we could say: In each moment of life, we have a choice between what is good and what is not. When we choose to follow the good, we will have a fuller and more adventurous life! When we walk with God in the ever present now, we will have a more rewarding life!